What is Indian Head Massage?
Indian head massage is a noninvasive treatment. It involves massaging the head, shoulders, arms, neck and face. It helps relax muscle and nerve fibres and increases fresh oxygenated blood around the entire body. Indian head massage can help with tension headaches, migraines, eyestrain, sinusitis, dry hair/scalp, neck, shoulder and facial tension.
Over the years, our therapists have found it has been the ideal massage for ones dealing with stress, anxiety, facial tension due to teeth grinding or clenching. Heidi has been able to help people reduce or eradicate the daily headaches they had been suffering with.
Our therapists will tailor your treatment to what you need that day. They combine acupressure massage and essential (aromatherapy) oils to your treatments. Moroccan oil can be used with the scalp massage if desired.
What are the benefits Indian Head Massage?
- Increases fresh oxygenated blood to the head/brain, neck and shoulders
- Removes deoxygenated (used blood) from the muscles to the heart and lungs
- Stimulates the lymphatic system – removing the waste and toxins
- Improves the immune system
- Reduces muscular tension
- Reduced muscular tension, in turns leads to less stress on the joints and bones
- Helps eyestrain, headaches, sinusitis, facial tension
- Helps insomnia by relaxing the activity of the nervous system
- Improves hair and scalp conditions
- Refreshes the body and creates “the feel good factor”.